SGB BrandSafway acknowledges a moral obligation to contribute to the development of future generations. We actively encourage our staff to engage with the communities that surround our locations. SGB BrandSafway ensures it is fully accountable by practicing corporate governance.
CSR Policy of SGB BrandSafway Private Limited
SGB BrandSafway Private Limited (‘the Company’) has been an early adopter of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives. Corporate Social Responsibility is strongly connected with the principles of sustainability. The company has always endeavoured to conduct its business responsibly, mindful of its social accountability, respecting applicable laws and with regard for human dignity. An organization should make decisions based not only on financial factors, but also on the social and environmental consequences. Therefore, it is the core corporate responsibility of the company to practice its corporate values through its commitment to grow in a socially and environmentally responsible way, while meeting the interests of its stakeholders. The Company’s objective is to actively contribute to the social and economic development of the communities in which we operate. In so doing build a better, sustainable way of life for the weaker sections of society and raise the country's human development index.
The CSR policy tends to:
The CSR Policy focuses on addressing critical social, environmental and economic needs of the marginalized/underprivileged sections of the society. This would reflect particularly in the field of education, healthcare, sanitation, community welfare, skill development, employment generation, infrastructure development, promotion of national heritage & culture etc. We adopt an approach that integrates the solutions to these problems into the strategies of the company to benefit the communities at large and create social and environmental impact.
Focus Areas and Objectives:
The Company shall undertake the following activities under its CSR program:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition in rural areas with a special focus on women, children, those affected by disability, displacement due to natural / manmade disasters.
- Promoting preventive healthcare, sanitation & hygienic practices & making available safe drinking water.
- Promoting inclusive education for all with a special focus on children with disabilities, including opening centers for research in special education / inclusive education & remedial education for the disadvantaged.
- Special focus on educating the girl child and the underprivileged by providing appropriate infrastructure, and groom them as future value creators.
- Setting up homes for women, orphans & the senior citizens including special homes for foster care / life care of persons with disabilities in the community.
- Assist in skill development by providing education & vocational training, coaching for placement in appropriate employment models thereby empowering the disadvantaged sections towards a dignified life.
- Contribution to the prime minister's national relief fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of SC, ST, OBCs, minorities and women.
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions approved by the Central Government
To implement the Company's CSR Programmes through Company personnel or through external implementing agencies or through Societies, Trusts, Foundations and Section 8 companies from time to time. In such cases, the Company will specify the CSR Programmes which may be undertaken by those Trusts in accordance with their Objects and administrative and accounting processes laid down in the respective Trust Deeds/ Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Every year, the CSR Committee will place for the Board's approval, a CSR Plan delineating the CSR Programmes to be carried out during the financial year and the specified budgets thereof. The Board will consider and approve the CSR Plan with any modification that may be deemed necessary.
- The Management will assign the task of implementation of the CSR Plan within specified budgets and timeframes to such persons or bodies as it may deem fit.
- The persons/bodies to which the implementation is assigned will carry out such CSR Programmes as determined by the management within the specified budgets and timeframes and report back to the management on the progress thereon at such frequency as the management may direct.
- The management shall review the implementation of the CSR Programmes half yearly and issue necessary directions from time to time to ensure orderly and efficient execution of the CSR Programmes in accordance with this Policy.
- Once every six months the management will provide a status update to the CSR Committee on the progress of implementation of the approved CSR Programmes carried out during the six month period. It shall be the responsibility of the CSR Committee to review such reports and keep the Board apprised of the status of implementation of the same.
- At the end of every financial year, the CSR Committee will submit its report to the Board.
CSR expenditure will include all expenditure, direct and indirect, incurred by the Company on CSR Programmes undertaken in accordance with the approved CSR Plan.
SGB BrandSafway Private Limited
Liam Hully | General Manager | India
H. No.: 1-98/5/78 & 79,
Ground Floor, K V Towers,
Jubilee Enclave, Hi-Tech City,
Madhapur, Hyderabad 500 081.
T +91 (0)40 23128500 | email@example.com